Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Leah's Story

Many things came to my mine when I was reading her story and all her sadness in her words. I think many of us or in general many people has crossed similar situation with a little bit of Leah in it. She expresses so much discomfort and frustration on everything she's leaving behind, but at the same time she exited and anxious for her soon to be new life.

There is a quote, I personally love and which got stock with me since the first time I heard it, "Caminando se aprende en la vida, y caminando se sabe lo que hay", it means "By Walking, I learn in life, and by walking I know what's there".

I think that the hardest decision in my life was when I came to the USA leaving everything behind at that moment, my family, my roots, my language, customs, friends, and so much more, but that really helped me to understand what my goal was. I walked a long path to figure out what God was having for me. Living your country is not an easy decision to make, but at the end you are doing it to get something much better for you and your family. This is how I relate my life and story with Leah's.

No comments:

Post a Comment