Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Teenage Angst

"Ah! How long will pass before I can do what I want! What is wrong with me all the time - I don't know. The head and the heart ache." - Leah Stupniker

I wanted to reflect on this quote because of the universality of what might be described as teenage angst. When reading this, it took me back to a lot of thinking that I went through when I was of a similar age to Leah. In most artistic endeavors, there is an importance to connect with your audience, and often these moments of universal feeling are points to connect with your audience. I think showing a 14 year old girl who is thinking about her role in the world, and wishing she was grown up already will really resonate with the audience, and allow them to feel an empathy and familiarity with the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment