Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thoughts on a Handful of Leaves-Leah Stupniker



I apologize for the lateness of this post, as I have been sick on and off for the past few weeks which is why I wasn't in class. I had a medical emergency and I couldn't make it.

I have, however, reflected on the journal of Leah. 

I have to say, the thing that struck me the most (and I'm sure many of you as well) was the foreshadowing of her ultimate demise. The Eeriness of her decision to begin equating her suffering to another young girl who also died of tuberculosis is uncanny. I would wish that I could read in Hebrew so that I may fully grasp her use of words. It seems so poetic in English- I'm curious as to how accurate the translation is.

I have done some image scanning of Islamic Tombs and It would help to know more of what the actors intend on doing for the particular scene. I assume that Leah will be laying on a slab, so we will not need to have one in the picture. I can imagine using all 5 of the screens so the audience has the feeling of being immersed in the tombs, which are all very cave-like. I think we could utilize Isadora somehow, or even create an animation in Final Cut, and create a lighting effect. Maybe try to accomplish a fog like layer moving across the background. Here is another concept image I created in Art Rage. I'd be making the final in photoshop:


No comments:

Post a Comment